Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lover


How still you lie
in the womb of my imagination,
shape shifting 
with the tides of my desires.
I try to seek out your true form
and wonder if I've caught
glimpses of you
in my waking life.

Somedays I feel you stir
and am compelled 
to pray in the prophetic.
Have you ever felt
the soft whisper of my voice?
I've blessed you in the Spirit,
I've blessed you through our God,
and have learned to hope
that this faith has sent
ripples
through the pools of your soul.

My affections run deep
but to whom do they belong?
There are those who have come
rallying, claiming, pursuing,
but none have made a home for me,
none have stilled my 
restlessness.

To you alone I send this love, 
a surging torrent of dreams!

But I dare not ask that you make haste
for in this distance between us
lies a strange comfort. In here
is the steady pulse of transformation
from glory to glory
is how we traverse 
into each others arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment