Thursday, May 3, 2012

Decoding Beauty


What is it that makes someone so deeply captivating? I've searched for answers in your eyes, and am left completely baffled. All I found is the gravity of your gaze, the gentle pull that beckons me to dive in deeper.  Forgive me! For in me is this strange ambition to unlock the code of your Beauty, and to find, once and for all, its proper symmetries and proportions, and to tame it into a more calculable creature.  Again, I implore you, to forgive me! Forgive me for this insolence, this cowardice, this attempt to dumb down your Magnificence into measurable compartments. Know and understand that in my frail humanity is both a deep fear, and a great envy towards such scandalous beauty.  I've feared you for so long, for despite the distance I've tried to maintain, I've always had a keen awareness of your power to change, and rearrange the very fabric of my being! For who can encounter a tremendous force and leave unchanged? If only I could tear it into bite-sized pieces, then I could, perhaps reduce it into more manageable, comprehensible, and--what a haughty ambition this is--replicable forms!  But Greater Wisdom withholds me from such a foolhardy pursuit! She whispers in my ear all that I need to know--that the dissection of Beauty's intricacies would be the death of it--no--the death of me. Its soul is ultimately rooted in the unknowable, the sublime, the mysterious, the Divine. The question is if I am ready and willing to dive headfirst into it--into You--and all your convulsing energies, and accept the perfection of your persisting transcendence. 

1 comment:

  1. injustice pleading guilty. parang ganun naimagine ko. hehehe. sorry napacomment ang ganda eh. - homey

    ReplyDelete